Sunday, July 14, 2013

Student Showcase, Part 2

It's time again to highlight some of the fantastic writing of students in my class. This piece is one of Ellie's homework blog posts. The assignment was to use descriptive phrases & figurative language to describe your favorite season in your home country. Ellie does a beautiful job employing personification to help her paint a picture of the positive and negative characteristics of autumn, just as if the season were a real friend! Please remember that this is her original, completely unedited work. Enjoy!


Miss Fall Story
by Ellie

I want to tell you about my best friend Miss Fall.

She comes to visit me  every year and she stays for 3 months. I`m looking forward to it, and like a child check my calendar every day, hopefully, she will arrive soon.
She`s a very beautiful middle-aged lady, she`s very elegant and also all her movements are graceful and effortless. Moreover the woman has a good education and it`s interesting to talk to her
There is one curious fact about her she`s very moody. Sometimes she is so delighted, her eyes shine  like sun in the blue sky, her fabulous clothes are very colorful: red, green, red, orange, brown, yellow. Her smile is glaring. Some days she looks dreary and depressed. She can sit in the garden and cry during the  whole day without any pause. 
Children don`t really like her, they love our neighbor Miss Summer, who cooks for them fresh fruits and ice cream and kids enjoy playing in a green field near her pretty house. 
However, I`m opposite and we spend wonderful time with miss Fall: we drink hot chocolate, while we sit in the cozy sofas and watch the fire. We talk a lot and I often call my friends to come to join us.




When the time comes, miss Fall leaves, but I am sure, she`ll come next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Kate! Thank you so much! I`m so glad you liked it)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate & Ellie,

    Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful story with us! It has beautiful imagery, and it's so interesting to picture the fall as a woman!

    Bravo, Ellie for some incredible writing. May we post this on the main AELP blog?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete